Phnom Penh (FN), Jan. 23 - Over the past 12 months of 2017, Cambodia exported 200,000 tons of rubber, profited up to $300 million, according to the official report of the General Department of Rubber, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries on Tuesday.

The General Department of Rubber reported that currently Cambodia has a total of 436,339 hectares of rubber plantations. So far, we harvested 170,230 hectares of rubber, equivalent to 39%, and the remaining is 266,109 hectares, equivalent to 61%.

In 2016, only 140,000 tons of rubber were exported to China, Vietnam, Singapore and Malaysia, profiting $180 million.