SINGAPORE, April 4 (CNA) - A sixth person died from COVID-19 in Singapore early on Saturday (Apr 4) morning, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said in a news release.
The patient was an 88-year-old male Singaporean permanent resident with no recent travel history to affected places, said the ministry. He had a history of heart and kidney disease, cancer and diabetes.
The man was diagnosed with COVID-19 infection on Mar 29, and admitted to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID) the following day.
He had been in the intensive care unit since Mar 30, but developed serious complications and eventually succumbed to the infection at 5.41am on Saturday, said MOH.
The patient's profile matches that of case 855, who is linked to a new cluster at Singapore Cricket Club. MOH said on Friday that one of its newly confirmed cases was linked to case 855 and four others, forming a new cluster.