Phnom Penh (FN), Nov. 9 – Several Facebook accounts of leaders of armed forces have been hacked and uploaded with same information, calling armed officials to be neutral.
"The national army plays a role in defending Khmer people, border, territorial integrity, and democracy. The army must be neutral, non-partisan or political. Must avoid any violence or bloodshed," the criminal group wrote after they took control of the following Facebook accounts of:
1. General Meas Sophea, Minister in charge of Special Missions
2. General Chuon Narin, Sihanoukville Provincial Police Chief
3. Sihanoukville Provincial Administration
4. Criminal Department of the National Police, Ministry of Interior
5. Cambodian Muslim Information Center
The criminal's wicked campaign was initiated on Cambodia's Independence Day 9 November - the same date when the outlawed opposition leader in exile Sam Rainsy announced to return home.