Phnom Penh (FN), Mar. 14 – Cambodia announced to ban entries of foreigners from Italy, Germany, Spain, France, and the United States for 30 Days to prevent Covid-19, effective from 17 March 2020, according to Ministry of Health’s press release dated 14 March.
Cambodia has confirmed seven cases of Covid-19, including:
1. a 60-year-old Chinese man tested positive on 27 January when he flew from Wuhan to Sihanoukville. However, he recovered and returned home.
2. a 38-year-old Cambodian man in Siem Reap on 7 March, believed to be transmitted from the Japanese businessman. He is being hospitalised in Siem Reap hospital.
3. a 65-year-old British woman, a passenger on Viking Cruise Journey, was tested positive on 10 March 2020 in Kompong Cham province. The woman was infected with the virus from a Vietnamese woman who flew by plane together from London to Hanoi on 2 March. On 5 March, the 65-year-old flew from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh before taking the cruise from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh and then to Kompong Cham.
4. a 73-year-old British man on Viking Cruise Journey tested positive on 11 March in Kompong Cham.
5. a 69-year old British woman on Viking Cruise Journey tested positive on 11 March in Kompong Cham.
6. a 49-year-old Canadian tested positive on 13 March in Phnom Penh.
7. a 33-year old Belgian tested positive on 13 March in Phnom Penh.