Phnom Penh (FN), April 21 - Cambodia required a million ton of vegetables annually, according to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (UNFAO)'s report.

The report was shown at the conference entitled "Promoting Vegetable Safety for Cambodia's Market", organized by General Department of Agriculture and other NGOs on Friday at Himawari Hotel.

"The quantity of vegetables supplied to Cambodian market is 0.9 million ton," according to UNFAO's report.

"44% was supplied by local and the rest of 56% was imported from Vietnam and Thailand," the report added.

The imported vegetables include carrot, onion, tomatoes, cabbage, Hawaii chili, white and red garlic, as well as potato.

The import was made during the hot weather and flooding when Cambodia's agricultural products were too low, according to Ho Puthea, an agricultural official.