Busan (FN), Nov. 25 – The Kingdom of Cambodia and the Republic of Korea (ROK) have signed five important documents on 25 May 2019 to strengthen cooperation.
The five documents include:
1. Agreement on the Elimination of Double Tax and Income Tax and the Prevention of Tax Evasion and Tax Avoidance, signed by Deputy Prime Minister Prak Sokhonn, Cambodia’s minister of foreign affairs and international cooperation and his Korean counterpart Mrs. Kang Kyung-wha.
2. Treaty on Mutual Assistance in the Criminal Sector, signed by the two foreign ministers.
3. Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on cooperation in agriculture.
4. Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in Technology, Telecommunication, and Information
5. Joint Statement on the Launch of the Joint Study on the Possibility of Free Trade Agreement between Cambodia and ROK.
The agreements were signed after Minister Prak Sokhonn had a working dinner with Minister of Foreign Affairs of the ROK Kang Kyung-wha.
It is worth noting that Cambodia's minister of foreign affairs is a special envoy of Prime Minister Hun Sen to attend ASEAN-ROK Commemorative Summit and the First Mekong-ROK Summit, held on 24-27 November 2019.
ASEAN-ROK Commemorative Summit will mark the 30th Anniversary of the relations between ASEAN and ROK and chart future cooperation to enhance the ASEAN-ROK strategic partnership to a new further height. These two Summits will be another important milestone to further advance the Cambodia-ROK, ASEAN-ROK as well as the Mekong countries-ROK’s partnership for their peoples’ tangible benefits and prosperity.