Phnom Penh (FN), Sep. 12 – On 12 September 2021, Cambodia and China signed six important bilateral documents under the presidency of Cambodian prime minister Hun Sen and Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi, at the Peace Palace, Phnom Penh.
The six documents include:
1. Handover of humanitarian demining equipment by Ly Thuch, first vice-president of the Cambodian Mine Action and Victim Assistance Authority (CMMA), and Wang Wentian, Chinese ambassador to Cambodia.
2. Agreement on cooperation on supporting partner hospitals by National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China, Mam Bunheng, Cambodian health minister, and Wu Jianghao, assistant minister of China’s Foreign Affairs.
3. Handover of equipment to combat pandemic from the Chinese government to Cambodia by Mam Bunheng, Cambodian health minister, and Qian Keming, Chinese vice minister of commerce.
4. Agreement on the cooperation on USD 270 million economic and technical grant by Vongsey Visoth, secretary of state of Cambodian Ministry of Economy, and Deng Boqing, vice-chairman of China International Development Cooperation Agency (CIDCA).
5. Handover of USD 2.5 million grant for demining by Vongsey Visoth and Deng Boqing
6. Agreement on the cooperation on projects of the Mekong-Lanchang Cooperation Special Fund by Sok Soken, undersecretary of state of Cambodian Foreign Ministry, and Wang Wentian.