Phnom Penh (FN), Mar. 7 – Cambodian prime minister Hun Sen urged all stakeholders to support and implement eight priorities on promoting women and gender.
The premier spoke when he presided over the celebration of the 112th Anniversary of International Women's Day on Tuesday (Mar 7) at the Peace Palace.
The eight priorities are as follows:
1. Continue to pay attention to and promote gender mainstreaming into the national program policy framework.
2. Continue to promote women's participation and leadership in the public, political and private sectors.
3. Increase investment in empowering women in the Digital Economy and Green Economy
4. Increase the participation of women and girls in digital science, technology, engineering, creative arts and mathematics (STEAM)
5. Continue to put in place appropriate measures and means to promote the education of female students at the tertiary and postgraduate levels.
6. Continue to prevent all forms of violence against women and girls.
7. Continue to promote social morality, values of Cambodian women and families.
8. Continue to implement environmental protection measures.
On that occasion, Samdech called on all stakeholders to support and implement the Royal Government's policy to strengthen gender equality to create opportunities for women and children.