Phnom Penh (FN), Mar. 26 – Cambodian prime minister Hun Sen shared five recommendations for promoting science, technology and innovation in Cambodia, speaking at the opening of the 1st National Day of Science, Technology and Innovation 2023, held on Sunday (Mar. 26) at Diamond Islan
The five recommendations are as follow:
1. gave high priority to the development of human capital in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) by encouraging young generations to enroll in STEM, strengthen the quality of education and training at all levels, implement strategies to attract and retain outstanding individuals, strengthen research and development, and establish a National Research Fund for Science, Technology, and Innovation.
2. The Ministry of Industry, Science, Technology and Innovation shall promote the development of legal frameworks, in particular the issuance of legal documents, policies, strategic plans and roadmaps in priority areas to accelerate national innovation system development to timely respond to the needs of Cambodia's development, as well as the changing of regional and global trends.
3. The Royal Government encourages to enhance and strengthen cooperation between the public sectors, private sectors, education sectors and development partners in promoting the Cambodian innovation system.
4. Samdech highly encouraged higher education institutions to further establish new start up business and business supporting centers to contribute promoting of entrepreneurship and business innovation in Cambodia.
5. Samdech encouraged domestic and international investors to provide capital seeds to entrepreneurs and businessmen by acting as seed providers and establishing private equity funds and investment funds.