Phnom Penh (FN), Nov. 3 – The 10th US-ASEAN Women’s Leadership Academy for YSEALI! This Regional Workshop is for youth from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam. This fully-funded workshop will bring together women leaders between the ages of 20 to 35 who are working on food security issues.
The Academy is an avenue for young women leaders to advance their leadership skills and understand the importance of human capital development and civic engagement to support their work in preventing food insecurity and managing the impact of short-term and long-term food shortages.
The program will include leadership training and expert-led sessions that unpack food security issues and relevant fields. As a participant, you also have the opportunity to network, be mentored, pitch a small seed grant project and collaborate on a knowledge product with fellow women leaders from the region and the United States to foster cross-cultural exchange and increase areas and scope of impact in the domain of food security.
The program will start with online activities and sessions in January 2024, followed by an in-person workshop in April 2024 and optional advocacy and collaborative activities until August 2024.
All travel, lodging, and costs associated with your participation will be funded by the U.S. State Department in cooperation with Wedu as the implementing partner.
Applicants must be:
- Women aged 20 to 35 (at the time of the workshop)
- Citizens of and currently residing in: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam
- Minimum of two years of professional or volunteer experience relevant to addressing food security-related issues. Fields that will be considered include but are not limited to Biotech, Agriculture, Trade/Economics, Resource management (e.g., water, soil), Public health specialities associated with nutrition and food safety
- Passionate about building communities and have a keen interest in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other leaders from Southeast Asian countries.
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Have a valid passport that expires after 31 October 2024
- Able to attend the entire four-day in-person workshop in April 2023 and the pre and post workshop activities between January-August 2024.
All applications submitted after 26 November 2023 will not be accepted.
Selected participants will be notified by January 2024.
For questions, please contact [email protected].
More details: https://www.weduglobal.org/2024-us-asean-womens-leadership-academy-for-yseali/