Phnom Penh (FN), Nov. 6 – Cambodian prime minister Hun Manet shared six recommendations for the Ministry of Interior to serve the citizens more efficiently.
The premier spoke on Monday morning (Nov. 6) at an inauguration of the Ministry of Interior’s new administration building in Phnom Penh.
The six recommendations are as follows:
1. To strengthen the capacity of officials, especially officials who are close to the citizens, to have conscience, ethics, and professionalism, as well as the competent ability, strengthen the evaluation of the appointment of both civil servants and police.
2. To strengthen integrity, especially to enhance internal inspection mechanisms to prevent inactivity, especially the abuse of power, and to apply strict measures against such abuse.
3. To rationalise the efficiency and convenience of public services to ensure that there are no procedures that cause difficulties and are unnecessary to the citizens.
4. To strengthen the One Window Service Office (OWSO) mechanism and focus on integrating public services into digital systems such as CamDX, and giving priority to offering public services to the citizens, such as registration services, business license, and commercial services.
5. To cooperate with relevant ministries and institutions to ensure effective resource allocation to the sub-national level, so that they can perform the tasks successfully.
6. To strengthen the monitoring and evaluation of all policies that the national level has set out for the sub-national level to implement in order to provide the best possible services to the citizens with high efficiency and professionalism.