Phnom Penh (FN), Nov. 9 – Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Manet said that the kingdom is entering a new stage of development with the people have strong confidence and high ambition to promote national pride.
The premier spoke during the 70th Anniversary of National Independence Day on Thursday morning (Nov. 9) in Phnom Penh.
“Cambodia is entering a new stage of development with the people have strong confidence and high ambition to promote national pride as strong as in the Angkorian era through strong nation building, vibrant, and prosperous country, to elevate the nation to become a high-income country by 2050,” the premier underscored.
Samdech Thipadei mentioned that the seventh-mandate Royal Government pledged to achieve the five main strategic objectives set out in the Political Platform and the Pentagonal Strategy Phase 1.
In this spirit of firm adherence to its objectives and noble convictions, and in response to the aspirations of the current development, the Royal Government is committed to:
1. Protecting peace, independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity and all achievements of nation.
2. Building the Kingdom of Cambodia to become a prosperous and strong nation with liberal, multi-party democracy based on the rule of law, sustainable and equitable economic development, and people living in prosperity, harmony, dignity and with respect for human rights.
3. Establishing an inclusive, efficient and financially sustainable social protection system that ensures protection for the people in response to economic risks, public health risks and other vulnerable circumstances arising from changes in working and living conditions.
4. Accelerating the implementation of a "Mine-Free Cambodia by 2025" and minimizing unexploded ordnance.
5. Continuing to pursue an independent and rule-based foreign policy, building good relations and cooperation between the Kingdom of Cambodia and all countries in the world and international organizations, and to actively participate in the cause of peace, stability, security and prosperity in the region and the world.